WP1: Psychology & Neuroscience
- Trinity College DublinSupervised by Prof. A. BokdeI study what happens in the brain when confronted with hate – the neuronal correlates of hate in bystanders.
- Trinity College DublinSupervised by Prof. J. de VriesI research the hate and how we can stop hating: the role of betrayal and atonement.
- University of TurkuSupervised by Prof. P. Räsänen
- University of LimerickSupervised by Prof. J. SchweppeI research how transnational and global processes inform socialization of hierarchies, moralities and prejudices in intersectional perspectives, institutional responses to people in forced migration and their integration, and SGB violence.
- Trinity College DublinSupervised by Dr. Simon McCarthy-Jones and Dr. Susan FlynnI research the experience and effects of hatred of people with pedophilia.
WP2: Technology & Social Media
- University of AntwerpSupervised by Prof. H. Vandebosch, Prof. K. Poels, Dr. S. PabianI research how to counter online hate speech through technological interventions.
- Leiden UniversitySupervised by Prof. Simone van der Hof, Prof. T.McGonagleI research how to counter online hate speech whilsts adequately protecting fundamental rights.
- University of AntwerpSupervised by Prof. K. Poels, Prof. H. Vandebosch, Dr. S. PabianI co-design reporting and supporting systems for online sexual harassment victims with interdisciplinary experts.
- University of GothenburgSupervised by Prof.A Backman Rogers, Prof. M. LiinasonI investigate social media misogyny and online hate cultures.
WP3: Culture, Ideologies, & Religion
- Institute for Democracy and Civil SocietySupervised by Prof. T. Rothmund, Prof. W. Frindte, Dr. D. GeschkeI explore online hate speech: contents, networks and effects on hate crime.
- Trinity College DublinSupervised by Dr. R. FazaeliI look into the role of charismatic leaders in the propagation of hate through a bottom-up approach.
- University of HelsinkiSupervised by Prof. J. KivivuoriI look into religion and hate victimization among youth: contexts, consequences and adaptive strategies.
- Erasmus University RotterdamSupervised by Prof. J. Temperman and Prof. W. van der BurgI analyse, through international human rights standards, religiously motivated hate speech which targets queer people.
- University of PlymouthSupervised by Dr. Z. JamesI am doing a critical analysis of hate perpetration against Roma.
- Friedrich Schiller University JenaSupervised by Prof. T. RothmundI study the role of political ideology in people’s engagement with online hate speech.
WP1: Psychology & Neuroscience Supervisors
- University of LimerickHate Crime, Sociology of Crime, Deviance and Social Control
- University of LimerickHate studies, law
- Trinity College DublinClinical Psychology and Neuropsychology
- University of TurkuEconomic sociology Information technology, Digital inequality, Consumer behavior
- Trinity College DublinCognitive dissonance research, cognitive neuroscience,social psychology
- Trinity College DublinComplex emotion, functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
WP2: Technology & Social Media Supervisors
- Leiden Universitytechnology law, children’s rights, cyberbullying, online sexual abuse, privacy and data protection
- Lund Universitygender studies
- University of Gothenburg
- University of Antwerp & Tilburg UniversityOnline aggression, Online persuasive communication, Strategic communication
- University of AntwerpPersuasive technology, Strategic communication
- University of AntwerpCyberbullying and other types of online aggression, Technological health interventions
WP3: Culture, Ideologies, & Religion Supervisors
- University of PlymouthCriminal justice, Discrimination, Gypsies Travellers and Roma
- Erasmus University RotterdamLegal philosophy, legal theory, law and ethics Legal research methods
- Erasmus School of LawInternational law and religion
- University of HelsinkiCriminology, Homicide, Youth Crime, Methodology of crime surveys
- Trinity College DublinIslamic Civilisation
- Institute for Democracy and Civil Society JenaHate crime, hate speech
- Friedrich-Schiller University JenaPsychology of Communication and Media Use
- Friedrich-Schiller University JenaResearch on Political Psychology, Desinformation Interventions and Social Justice Concerns